Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Donato family
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Donato family Author: aelliott PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:18 am
    ----
Hi, we are trying to trace my great grandfathers birthplace. His name was Andria Donato born c 1824/1828 possibly Messina although this is only vague. He came to live in London in mid 1800's and was a master cabinetmaker. The problem is that the Donato's seem to have come from all over Italy althhough there are consentrations in certain areas.
We know this a big ask but perhaps someone could point us in the right direction.
Thank you for such a friendly site.

#2: Re: Donato family Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:41 am
    ----
Hi aelliott and welcome to "Gente"

You may have noticed that I moved you post from the 'Translations' forum to this one as I felt it would attract more attention and help on 'Where do I start'.

We have some really good researchers here, but bear in mind it is summer and many are on holiday at the moment.

Do you have any other information on Andrea? His date of birth, wife's name? Anything at all, no matter how small can often be of use when searching archives, ships lists etc. so don't hold back.

I look forward to following your search with us here on "Gente" - good luck!

Carole

-> Where do I begin?