Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: 1930 American Census - Free Access For the Month of August
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: 1930 American Census - Free Access For the Month of August Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm
    ----
Got this email today which I think everyone might be interested in..

Through the Month of August

The 1930 US Census is one of the most powerful resources available to anyone who wants to learn more about their ancestors.

During the month of August, we're giving everyone free access to Footnote.com's one-of-a-kind, interactive 1930 US Census.

With Footnote's interactive census, viewing, downloading and printing images from the census are just the beginning. You can also add images and comments, spotlight interesting finds, create pages for your ancestors and tell their stories.

Simply click the link below to get started today.
www.footnote.com/1930census/

What you can learn about your ancestors in the 1930 Census:

* Where they lived
* Who they lived with
* When and where they were born
* What they did for a living
* And much moreā€¦

The Footnote Team

#2: Re: 1930 American Census - Free Access For the Month of August Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm
    ----
I've been playing around with it... the images are probably much better than other census that i've seen... but their search engines are somewhat limited especially since every Italian name is misspelled... MY name especially Smile

What's so difficult about Mauro? Its not Manro or Mavro!

#3: Re: 1930 American Census - Free Access For the Month of Augu Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:08 pm
    ----
You should note also that the census data available is not complete, only 97% the last time I checked. I didn't renew my subscription to Ancestry this year and decided to try out Footnote instead. So far the info on naturalization, etc. has been fairly rewarding. And I agree, that the search engine technology on Footnote's site is painfully slow and cumbersome.

BTW, I read somewhere that Ancestry is going to go public with an IPO sometime soon, if it already has not. Don't know if that will mean higher or more reasonable pricing.

#4: Re: 1930 American Census - Free Access For the Month of Augu Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 pm
    ----
Lots of "Oops, sorry" messages. Probably have to try early morning. The question is, whose early morning... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-> General Discussion Groups