Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: podcastGenealogy
-> Resource Pages

#1: podcastGenealogy Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 pm
    ----
For those that have been wondering where I've been (and some that didn't notice I was missing) ... here's part of it ...

I've been creating a genealogy podcast. It is now up and running ... we wanted to have several shows ready prior to release and it took a bit longer than I expected.

This show is about how to do family research. From basics to the advanced ... the phrase we use is "art and science" of genealogy.

The link is podcastGenealogy.com.

Feel free to contact us!

#2: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am
    ----
Nice site Bob, I'll be checking in on a regular basis. JoeB

#3: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 am
    ----
Congrats Bob! It looks awesome. I can't wait to look over the episodes.

#4: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:11 am
    ----
Complimenti Bob - it does indeed look very interesting!

I will certainly be browsing when I can...

#5: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:10 am
    ----
The site isn't as intuitive as I thought it would be. Could just be me though. For example, when following the link Bob listed there was no real indication of the podcasts despite the sites name. If on clicked on the icons labeled "What is a podcast", in FF at least, I was given an option to subscribe to the podcast--two were listed. At that point I could click on a title of the show and listen to the podcast. If the goal is to introduce, clarify, and to expand the topic/field of genealogy, the technology ought not get in the way of that goal. I may be particularly obtuse, so I offer my observations with that caveat in mind.

#6: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 pm
    ----
tjbrn ...

Thanks for the feedback ... I will get something in place immediately to simplify finding the shows ... the object is not to let technology get in the way, but introduce a new level of technology into the field of genealogy. Working on it now!

Thanks again ...

#7: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 pm
    ----
Great site so far Bob! I have not had a lot of time to explore it as I am in the process of moving (again!) but plan on reading every page and listening to every file after I move.

#8: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 pm
    ----
Just launched a new show about 3 minutes ago!

#9: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 pm
    ----
... another show ... this one, with the one from last month is a two part show ... an article about Hannah Zundel.

This one was king of fun!

#10: Re: podcastGenealogy Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 pm
    ----
Hey Bob, what's a podcast? Embarassed

-> Resource Pages