Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: 'ABBREVIATIONS' used in Early Italian Records
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: 'ABBREVIATIONS' used in Early Italian Records Author: ArtusiLocation: New Waverly, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:15 pm
    ----
Nuccia: Hi there! Hope you are doing Great!Thanks a Lot for taking the time for the list of info,....I already have all of this,......a lot of mispelled names that took me a while to sort it all out, back when. In my Family of past, as well as probably yourself and many others, the historical methods in naming their children made it very, very difficult to 'SORT-OUT' whose offspring was whose. I've previously worked all of those 'KINKS' out, and I'm now down to the nitty gritty.

I'm now faced with getting the LDS Rovigno Marriage Records and do a search. My other biggie that I've never found, was what actual U.S. Port the Brothers came into from Europe. Again, with new info coming out all the time, ....back to the tapes.

If I read you're personal info correctly, You're Family came directly to Canada, in a modern time period, and I assume there were no 'NAME CHANGES?

#17: Re: 'ABBREVIATIONS' used in Early Italian Records Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:29 am
    ----
My father did come straight through and yes, in the latter half of the '50's/early 60's. There were no name changes BUT by great uncle went to the USA in 1902 and his son in 1920 and they did slightly modify the surname. It did take a bit to confirm the relationship but not nearly what you are dealing with.

Need to go to work now but I'll check back later and see if we can help find the manifest for you.

#18: Re: 'ABBREVIATIONS' used in Early Italian Records Author: ArtusiLocation: New Waverly, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 pm
    ----
Immigration time period to the U.S., etc., in ~1840-5 sheds a very different light on passenger ship documents. I believe I've previously examined port of entry for 'New Orleans', 'New York'......I've been told that as of recent, that LDS has entered new info..

I have a very strong inclination to believe that these 'ARTUSI' brothers came in thru 'Mobile Bay, Alabama' or 'New Orleans, Louisiana'. If not there, it was most likely 'New York City'.

Any how, it's a distinct research luxury for one's family to have immigrated from Europe in the late 19th century or later,...no doubt.

Regards, Earl Arto/Artusi/Manzoni/?/?/?

-> General Discussion Groups