Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Another question and translation please
-> Translations

#1: Another question and translation please Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:33 am
    ----
I have a marriage record for Giuseppe. From what I can read, it mentions a second marriage. Does it give the name of the person? Can the pertinent data be translated?

i460.photobucket.com/a...monema.jpg

I also have a marriage record for Vincenzo. Again, it also mentions a second marriage. Does it give the name of the person? Can the pertinent data be translated?

i460.photobucket.com/a...riaSav.jpg

i460.photobucket.com/a...epage2.jpg

Thanks for any assistance.

lilbees

#2: Re: Another question and translation please Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 am
    ----
I can't comment on translation but I think the process would be improved if you uploaded higher quality images.

#3: Re: Another question and translation please Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am
    ----
If you can tell me how to improve the documents for viewing let me know. The microfilm copies is not that great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lilbees

#4: Re: Another question and translation please Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 am
    ----
One thing you might try is to scan the images at a higher resolution and then reduce that image to adhere to photobucket's or imageshack's image upload parameters. I have switched to using a camera when obtaining images from the films I order from my local FHC. I use the highest resolution possible with my camera, use no flash, with an ISO setting of 800, although 400 works well too. I find it less distracting to take a photo of a document that I find interesting rather than pull the film off my viewer with the place maked, load it onto one viewer capable of making copies, find the spot again, make the copy, and finally return to my viewer look for more documents. I can take as many photos as my 8 gig card will hold and sort out what I don't want. I work with the largest image I can and expand it as much as I can at home with the programs on my Mac. When I need help I make an image reduced in size and submit it to the fantastic group of translators here on Gente.

Sorry to be so long winded. It's hard to talk when your hands have to manipulate the keyboard Wink

#5: Re: Another question and translation please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:
I have a marriage record for Giuseppe. From what I can read, it mentions a second marriage. Does it give the name of the person? Can the pertinent data be translated?

i460.photobucket.com/a...monema.jpg

I do not see any reference to a second marriage...

October 19, 1867
Groom: Giuseppe Rescigno, aged 23, single, born in Roccapiemonte son of Giovanni and Maria Angrisani
Bride: Luigia De Simone, age 19 minor, single, born in Castellamare daughter of Francesco and Maddalena Cataldo.
Witnesses: Catello Iaccarino 65, Francesco Gentile 53 and Francesco Gentile 58.

#6: Re: Another question and translation please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:29 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:

I also have a marriage record for Vincenzo. Again, it also mentions a second marriage. Does it give the name of the person? Can the pertinent data be translated?

i460.photobucket.com/a...riaSav.jpg

i460.photobucket.com/a...epage2.jpg

Thanks for any assistance.

lilbees

This record is more difficult to read. Here is what I got so far:
1864, June 29
Groom: Vincenzo Rescigno single, aged 24, carpenter, born in xxxxx son of Giovanni and Maria Angrisano
Bride: Maria Savato (?) widow of Giovanni XXXXX, aged XXX, born in Vico Equense, daughter of Lorenzo and Luigia Buonacore

#7: Re: Another question and translation please Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 pm
    ----
Thank you so much Livio. After reading and re-reading I also found that Vincenzo had not been married before.

As for Giuseppe, his bride's name is Maria Savarese. Giuseppe had not been married before as you found but she had. I had to go back to the film to read the names. Her deceased husbands name is Giovanni Esposito.

Copies do not come off well but better than nothing.

Have a nice day. I am sure I will be back with more I am stuck on. It has taken me a while since I have not had too many records to figure out lately.

lilbees

-> Translations