Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Some Musings
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Some Musings Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am
    ----
Well, after having the Rescigno side of my family lay dormant for many, many months, with the new FHL records now online it has kept me busy with that part of my family. But................

I have several other sides that have hit the "brick wall" so to speak. I have taken on research for some of my cousins on their wife or husbands families one of which was a Mexican wife and another Hungarian. I will say that doing the search for the Mexican side of their family has been much easier since Mexican Churches open up their records to the FHL Was able to locate most of the family back to the mid 1700's. That family is now sending for records from the various churches if still available. The Hungarian searches have been as difficult as searching for information on my Albanian side. So many wars and so much destruction of records. How sad.

The German part of my searches is beginning to open up. More records online so hoping I can more information about that part of the family.

It seems that when I get stuck in one part I just move on to another or try to help a friend or relative. Helps to keep my daily routine for genealogy. Of course, still involved in the garden. At least living in Georgia I still have blooms on my roses and some of the other plants. I think they think it is spring and not fall.

Have a good day one and all.

lilbees

#2: Re: Some Musings Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 pm
    ----
Wow, you have been busy! I have reached a brick wall on both sides of my paternal family right now, although I have done quite a bit on my maternal side. There is still much to do and now with the cooler temperatures here it's the perfect time to research (or clean but I think you can guess which one I would prefer to do! lol )

#3: Re: Some Musings Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:45 pm
    ----
Well, if the weather turns I can spend more time researching but, I am still cleaning the house. Washing walls because of the smoke is the biggest chore. The walls in the living room and loft will have to wait until next year when we paint. Thank goodness they have a deoderizing paint. That will be a big help. Ceilings throughout the house will have to be done. Did the vents I could reach and what a mess. So brown with smoke. I guess I never thought of the problems when smoking. Boy! I sure do now. Never mind holiday cleaning, it will be done long before then.

Oh, I had thrown a simple throw into the laundry room right? Went out to the garage for something and came back in. The throw caused the whole laundry room to smell of smokie. Got the spray out and took care of that.

The garden right now is a blessing. The color on the roses is beautiful. The garden a respite for the mess in the house and yes, I still go and do some research in a room I can only tolerate right now (not clean yet). Saving the worst for last.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups