Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Certificate instead of Complete extract
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:26 pm
    ----
I have recently sent for marriage records for family members and have failed to received any more than name and date. No parents, nothing.

I did request the "Estratto per copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di _____. Have I worded this wrong?

Thanks for any help. I really need to know the names of the wife's parents, witnesses and if there are any other notations.

Thanks,
lilbees

#2: Re: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:33 pm
    ----
I always ask for ' una fotocopia dell'originale'.
It's possible that if you make subsequent requests to the same comune they do this to avoid another request.

#3: Re: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 pm
    ----
Thanks Ann, that would be ' una fotocopia dell'originale dell'atto di matrimonio di ______________, right? Only problem with that may be that I cannot read some of the names, etc. with the original. Oh well, All on this site are very helpful with that though.

lilbees

#4: Re: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 pm
    ----
I don't write long sentences. I make it very clear.
Atto di matrimonio di: xxxxxxxx (date)
Chiedo: una fotocopia dell'originale per motivo personale.

#5: Re: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:35 am
    ----
Ann's suggestion is very valid, however Estratto per copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio is the correct terminology and you may enforce your request citing the law...

"Ai sensi dell' Art. 107 Dpr 396/2000 prego inviarmi l'estratto per copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio relativo a ...."

The Art. 107 Dpr 396/2000 - Estratti per copia integrale states:

1. Gli estratti degli atti dello stato civile possono essere rilasciati dall'ufficiale dello stato civile per copia integrale soltanto quando ne è fatta espressa richiesta da chi vi ha interesse e il rilascio non è vietato dalla legge.

2. L'estratto per copia integrale deve contenere:

a) la trascrizione esatta dell'atto come trovasi negli archivi di cui all'articolo 10, compresi il numero e le firme appostevi;

b) le singole annotazioni che si trovano sull'atto originale;

c) l'attestazione, da parte di chi rilascia l'estratto, che la copia è conforme all'originale.

Estratto, here, does not mean excerpt but means certificate, per copia integrale = full copy.

The Ufficio di Stato Civile may issue a photocopy to save time but a photocopy may damage an old book..., in this case they will produce a certificate which is a word by word copy of the original record, including all the annotations and signatures and a declaration that it is a true copy.

#6: Re: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:08 am
    ----
Livio is of course correct but I have found here in the South at least that they see the word 'estratto' and take it for 'extract'. I almost always get either a photocopy or a full 'estratto'.

#7: Re: Certificate instead of Complete extract Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:30 am
    ----
In other areas I have requested the informaiton I have run into the same thing. Only a certificate and not an extract. In one area I did quote the law. Forget it. They still did not change from the certificate to an extract.

I am really wondering if it makes a difference whether it is being requested from outside Italy or not. Makes you thing.

I am going to return the certificates that were sent with a note again requesting the above. Hope it works.

lilbees

Thank you Both.

-> General Discussion Groups