Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: a question
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: a question Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:47 pm
    ----
Last summer, I asked for the address of the provincial archives in Potenza and for the town of Rionero in Vulture.

I saved both of the addresses and when I looked just now, I noticed that both..had email addresses. Could I email them instead of writing for record copies? Or is it better to just send a letter?

#2: Re: a question Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:19 am
    ----
I have found that email is a hit and miss. Sometimes they answer, sometimes they don't. But you certainly have nothing to lose in trying. AT least, that's what I think.

#3: Re: a question Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:02 pm
    ----
I just printed out two more letters, last night..and decided to mail one to the town and one to the provincial capitol. I figured, out of both..maybe I can get a document from these people.

I really hope the province finds it..because they send a photo copy. If the town finds it..I know they will send an extract. I need the fathers name and age..and I will end up with just the name from them. They seem to send me what they want, no matter what I ask for.

I wish they had these records online..or at least at the mormon church. They have the town, but not for the time period that I need. I CAN use those for the father..only, it would be a lot more convenient for me..if I have his age.

#4: Re: a question Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm
    ----
Ask them to include his age. When I have done that they just write it on the extract.

#5: Re: a question Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 am
    ----
I already sent them out.

-> General Discussion Groups