Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation Help Please
-> Translations

#16: Re: Translation Help Please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
Quote::
Could the witness on Fenicia's birth act be Gaetano Mangano?

Yes..thats exactly what it looks like to me.

#17: Re: Translation Help Please Author: wheretheacornfell PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:10 am
    ----
Biff83 wrote:

In the mail today, from the comune of Feroleto Antico I received my grandmother Fannie's (Fenicia Mancuso) Atti Di Nascita and her parents' Antonio Mancuso and Rosilia Mascaro.

Fenicia Mancuso's Atti di Nascita

Hi Biff,

I just wanted to give you the translation for the Birth Act of Fenicia Mancuso.

Birth Act #7

Fenicia Mancuso
born: January 14, 1895

In the year one thousand eight hundred ninety-five, of the day sixteen, of January, at the hour ante-meridian eleven and minute -------, in the Town House/Hall.

Before me Rotundo Gabriele, Secretary of the Town’s Administrative Office of the Mayor by the approved act of four December 1876, and the Official of Vital Records of the Town of Feroleto Antico, and appeared Mancuso Antonio (son of the late) Giuseppe Maria, of age thirty-three, farmer, residing in Feroleto Antico, who has introduced at the hour ante-meridian four and minute -----, of the day fourteen, of the current month, in the house on Polverini at number -------, and born of the same and of his legitimate wife, Mascaro Rosilia, (daughter of) Salvatore, farmer,

and born a baby of female sex which he has presented and has given the name of

Fenicia

To this action which witnesses have been present, Milanese Cesare (son of the late) Agostino, of age fifty-five, property (land) owner, and of Mangano Gaetano (son of the late) Nicola, of age fifty, property (land) owner, both residents in this Town. We therefore have formed the present act, which has been written and signed me and the witnesses, and the informant does not know how to write. (actually says informant doesn’t know the alphabet)

Milanese Cesare
Gaetano Mangano

The Official of Vital Records
Gabriele Rotundo

Smile for me!:)
Trish
ps-working on the marriage act for you too!

#18: Re: Translation Help Please Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:17 am
    ----
Thanks, Trish!! kiss

Un abbraccio,
Biff

#19: Re: Translation Help Please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:44 am
    ----
N.B.
To be 'analfabeta' literally means a person is illiterate. They are unable to read or write.

Usually Registrars choose to declare that a person "does not know how to write", though more correctly they should maybe have declared a person as being "analfabeta" as this one has done.

-> Translations