Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Allegatti?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Allegatti? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am
    ----
One small question. Would the Allegati be kept in a separate book from the marriage record?

I am hoping that is the case since the book for marriages is damaged and under repair.

Thanks,
lilbees

#2: Re: Allegatti? Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:25 pm
    ----

Not sure if they are in separate books, but there are separate microfilms for Allegati in my Dad's hometown of Corato.

#3: Re: Allegatti? Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 am
    ----
I'm with Charlie. Since the Allegatti are supplemental information often from other sources and different times, such as the death certificate of a parent or a spouse, etc., it seems very probable that the information provided in Allegatti is separate and copied from the original source--I found this to be the case in a baptismal record for a relative which occurred in 1808 but was copied (still in Latin) in 1846. Maybe the experts can chime in on this one.

#4: Re: Allegatti? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:26 am
    ----
Another question to go with the first. Would the Allegatti be sent to the Archives along with the other town records?

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups