Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Pico
-> Central Italy

#1: Pico Author: hdoelleLocation: Ottawa, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:06 pm
    ----
Would anyone be able to help me find information about my family in Pico?

Here is what I have so far...
My father is Francesco Carnevale born Aug 1, 1888 immigrated to Canada in 1906 via Ellis Island. His father was Antonio, not sure of the mother's name possibly Rosa ??
They had 4 children-- my father, Francesco, Pietro born June 29,1881 in Pico, immigrated to Canada; Teresa born 1883 in Pico, married 07Mar1907 in Pico to Stanislao Sperdini, immigrated to the US with her young son, died in New York City in 1975; Maria is the one we have no information on
Maria stayed in Pico, married to a person called Casciano and had a son named Luigi. We would like to find the following information:
1. Maria's family
2. find more information about Antonio Carnevale, my grandfather and my grandmother.
We did find the name of the boat my father took to come to Ellis Island on Ancestry.com. We do have communication with Teresa's family in New York City but they do not know anymore than we do.
Thank you for all your help.

#2: Re: Pico Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:10 am
    ----
You will need to write to Pico for copies of the records. You might also check the white pages www.paginebianche.it for phone book records for Maria's family. I think there are photos of Pico on my website.

#3: Re: Pico Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:18 am
    ----
The link to Ann's website is here: Angel Communications

By the way, where in Canada did your family settle?

-> Central Italy