Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Procestti?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Procestti? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm
    ----
Received 2 emails today from the Salerno Archives:

Quote::
1. prot. n. 0119/28.34.07(1.1) del 18 gennaio 2010

Gent.ma Sig.,
nei processetti matrimoniali, che sono conservati nel fondo dello Stato Civile, spesso รจ allegata la documentazione di rito, qualora abbia notizie relative al matrimonio avvenuto nel 1834 a Roccapiemonte ce le invii e faremo la ricerca.
Distinti saluti
Il funzionario referente
dott.ssa Fernanda Maria Volpe

Il dirigente
dott.ssa Felicita De Negri

2. prot. n. 0118/28.34.07(1.1) del 18 gennaio 2010

Gent.ma Sig.,

siamo spiacenti di DoverLe comunicare che la ricerca effettuata nei registri dello Stato Civile in nostro possesso ha dato esito negativo.

Distinti saluti

Il funzionario referente

dott.ssa Fernanda Maria Volpe

Il dirigente

dott.ssa Felicita De Negri

I am hopeful that at least one of them contains some hope that I may receive some information. I have made requests for the same in formation for the past 6 or 7 months both via email and letter (all of which they acknowledged in attachments to the emails that they had received all my requests.

Could anyone let me know if I really have some encourgement? Didn't want to trust the online translators for this.

lilbees

#2: Re: Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Procestti? Author: DonnaPellegrin PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 pm
    ----
I'm sorry lilbees, the news is not good. The key is in the second email.

This line:
"siamo spiacenti di DoverLe comunicare che la ricerca effettuata nei registri dello Stato Civile in nostro possesso ha dato esito negativo."

can be translated as:
We are sorry to have to communicate to you that the search effected in the registers of the Stato Civile in our possession has given negative result.

Sorry.

#3: Re: Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Procestti? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:52 pm
    ----
Sad I'm sorry Libby. But don't give up yet. There has to be another way.

#4: Re: Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Procestti? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia. Believe me, I certainly don't give up. It would be nice to have the death info for my 3x great grandparents. It could be that they did not die there. In fact, they may not even have been born there. I do have the birth and death records for my 2x great grandparents showing they were born and married in Roccapiemonte but died in Castellammare di Stabia. I think I have written to many of the comune around Naples and Salerno looking for information. I have a cousin in Tunisia who married a woman from Nocera Inferiore. The marriage is not recorded in Tunis and have been writing the comune for her birth/marriage records.

Gosh, how I wish I could speak and understand Italian (wasted 4 years learning Latin).

Forgot to add, the emails concerned different requests. One email was for the death records for my 3x great grandparents who were alive in 1855. The other was for the Procestti for my 2x great grandparents who were married in 1834 (record book damaged and under repair).

Give up! Never!
lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups