Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Latin help
-> Translations

#1: Latin help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 pm
    ----
I looked at this baptism for Francesco Scarlato who is the brother of my 4th great grandmother. Can someone please verify I am reading this correctly? It appears to me that is lists his father Rosario as the son of Tommaso? And his mother, Maria DiBuono's father as Francesco? I have Rosario's death act and it lists his father as Francesco so I am a little confused. Although it would not be the first time I have seen the incorrect parent's names listed in a death act. Thank you.

#2: Re: Latin help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 am
    ----
Yes Cathy, you read it correct.
Francesco Maria Scarlato son of Rosario (son of the deceased Tommaso) and of Maria De Buono (daughter of the deceased Francesco). Born 24 Aug 1786, baptized on the 25th

#3: Re: Latin help Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Although it would not be the first time I have seen the incorrect parent's names listed in a death act. Thank you.

Me either, I have seen that quite a few times myself. The informants on death acts many times were not very reliable.

#4: Re: Latin help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:33 am
    ----
Thanks Livio! kiss Looking at these baptisms, this is the second time I found different fathers for someone.

-> Translations