Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Letter from the Archives
-> Translations

#1: Letter from the Archives Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 am
    ----
I received this email from the Salerno Archives this a.m. After learning of my great grandfather's military service I sent for the Registro dei Fogli Matricolari e Foglio di Ruolo di RESCIGNO ANTONIO. I wrote to Naples and Salerno Archives and each sent back I was writing to the wrong Archive. I then sent a copy of the Liste di Leva for 2 of his brothers stating they were exempt because of Antonio's military service along with a copy of Antonio's liste di leva. Napoles apologized and Salerno sent me this email.

Quote::

si fa presente che i ruoli Matricolari in Ns. possesso inziano con l'anno 1866, e' stato ,invece,ritrovato l'atto di nascita di Rescigno Antonio.Se interessa riceverlo si prega di inviare vaglia postale internazionale di € 4.50 (per spese copie n.2 +affrancatura), intestato a Archivio di Stato di Salerno piazza A. Conforti, 7 84100 Salerno.
Distinti saluti

I want to be sure I am sending money for the right thing.

Thanks,
lilbees

#2: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 am
    ----
we notify you that we have the "Ruoli Marticolari" starting with the year 1866, but we found the the Birth act of Antonio Rescigno. If you want to receive it, please send an international postal order of €4,50 (expenses + stamps) in favor of Archivio di Stato di Salerno piazza A. Conforti, 7 84100 Salerno.

#3: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am
    ----
Thank you so much Livio. I guess I get a bonus with this letter. The Archives had no success finding his birth record earlier.

Wonderful news.
lilbees

#4: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 am
    ----
You could also send them a new pair of specs Mr. Green .
I'm glad you got a result.

Ada

#5: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:25 am
    ----
uantiti wrote:
You could also send them a new pair of specs Mr. Green .
I'm glad you got a result.

Ada

#6: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:45 am
    ----
Grazie Livio, vedo che hai di tutto in magazzino! Shocked

Ada

#7: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:12 am
    ----
Gosh, you two are funny. You are right though. It seems it depends I whether they want to look or not.

Slowly requests are filled but only after placing a request several times over a period of months and sometimes a year.

Of course, Roccapiemonte never answers!

lilbees

#8: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 am
    ----
Am in need of some help.

As the Archives finally found my great grandfather's birth record, I would like to request the records for my grand uncles again, and I do mean again. I have made these requests over the past 2 years with no answer. I have written snail mail and email with no results. I also wrote the requests one at a time instead of requesting all of them in one letter.

Does anyone have a nice letter I can use to make my request for the remainder of the records?

It is hard to be "not nice" Evil or Very Mad at this point even though I try very hard to be pleasant. Neutral My feelings just keep sneaking in.

lilbees

#9: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:19 pm
    ----
Lilbees,
my last "nice" letter was the one I sent to the bank. It started with "Thank you". I ended up telling them I was going to change bank. The day after I received back all the money they charged me for expenses.
Now, I believe what worked was the threat but you can start your letter by thanking them for finding the document.

Post your letter in English, you know that we are not in shortage of translators here.

Ada

#10: Re: Letter from the Archives Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:22 pm
    ----
Will do. Thank you Ada.

lilbees

-> Translations