Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: What is this?
-> Translations

#1: What is this? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 pm
    ----
I came across this document in the microfilm and have no idea what it is. It was by itself - not part of processetti or deaths - just in between all alone. Since it mentions a "fu" Vincenzo, son of "fu" Vincenzo Napolitano, I am really curious. I cannot understand enough of it to tell it's purpose or what it is. Can someone help? The document is here
Thank you so much.

#2: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:13 am
    ----
I had a quick look, it's bit dark, anyway it's a death act written by the Mayor dated August 25, 1809 and based on a declaration of death of Vincenzo Maria Napolitano of the late Vincenzo Napolitano Scarise(????) and Maria Sxx Lo Fonte(??) (it's just a guess). In accordance to the Napoleon's Code, he went and saw with his eyes the dead body(!!) and there were no signs of a violent death, etc. If you need more details (!!) I'll try and give you the whole version.....

Ada

#3: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:56 am
    ----
The mother's name could be Maria Angela or Maria Agata but the surname....seems to start with an "F".

Ada

#4: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:59 am
    ----
Ciao Luca!

#5: Re: What is this? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:32 am
    ----
E come hai fatto a vedermi? Very Happy

L.

#6: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:38 am
    ----
Ada aka Superwoman!!!! peep

Ma dai! Non sai che quando sei in linea viene fuori il tuo nome qui a sinistra dove c'è scritto Who is where: Members: ....??

#7: Re: What is this? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:02 am
    ----
Si si... ma lo spirito investigativo non tradisce mai!!! Cool

L.

#8: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 am
    ----
Ti ho "scippato" il documento......ma tu non c'eri, sei arrivato dopo. Però, nella mia grande generosità, ti lascio tutti quelli in latino, io me lo ricordo poco ....
Ciao béla gioia.

A. Mr. Green

P.S.: Sorry Cathy, just kidding with Luca a bit

#9: Re: What is this? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 am
    ----
Ada -

The word after Napolitano (Scarise) ..... is that an occupation or a name or something else? I haven't come across this on any of my documents yet so it will be good to know in case I do.

#10: Re: What is this? Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:58 am
    ----
I read: "Maria Rosa Lo Feudo(or Feuda)"

Liz Cool

#11: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 am
    ----
Elizabeth,
no, Scarise was just a guess. I thought it was a second surname as it looks starting with a capitol letter and I assumed Cathy knew it and would have corrected me. Usually there are no occupations listed for dead parents in a death act. I will take another look to see if a Idea comes on. Or we could ask the guy I had a conversation with. Couldn't we, Luca? Or Livio, if he's around.

Ada

#12: Re: What is this? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 am
    ----
Thanks Ada that's really interesting I didn't know that males could or might have two surnames I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking at my records from now on.

#13: Re: What is this? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am
    ----
It' is "seniore" (senior), because he had the same name of his father (Vincenzo).

L.

#14: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 am
    ----
I had taken into consideration the word "Signore" but it didn't match with what was written and there was no reason to write it. I didn't think of Seniore (which is old Italian). Ah, Luca. What will we do without you?
Elizabeth, in any case, a double surname is not unusual in Italy and also women can have a double surname but not because of a marriage. It was used to identify families having same surname. It started adding a nickname to the surname which at a certain point became official. There are other reasons too but the above was the more frequent.

Ada

#15: Re: What is this? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 pm
    ----
uantiti wrote:
... Ah, Luca. What will we do without you?
Se non fosse una donna a dirlo( Shocked )... quasi, quasi ci crederei ( Very Happy )

L.

-> Translations