Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: What is this?
-> Translations

#16: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 pm
    ----
Se non mi credi perchè sono donna (ma perchè poi?) allora ti informo che mi chiamo Aldo per gli amici....... Mr. Green

#17: Re: What is this? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm
    ----
uantiti wrote:
Elizabeth,
no, Scarise was just a guess. I thought it was a second surname as it looks starting with a capitol letter and I assumed Cathy knew it and would have corrected me. Usually there are no occupations listed for dead parents in a death act. I will take another look to see if a Idea comes on. Or we could ask the guy I had a conversation with. Couldn't we, Luca? Or Livio, if he's around.

Ada
Sorry Ada...Cathy has been sleeping! Wink Today is the last day of vacation for me. If this was a death act I wonder why it was separate from everything else. I have never seen a death act for a person that listed the person as "fu" before. Like Elizabeth I assumed that Scarise was an occupation. I have not come across the surname Scarise yet. I think this is Nuccia's family - Vincenzo was a brother of her Bruno. But I am not sure if this is her Vincenzo yet. He lived in another town. Thank you so much for your help.
The mayor had to view all the bodies of the deceased? Exclamation Shocked
I think Liz is correct I read Maria Rosa LoFeudo as the name of the mother. I have only one question left. This Vincenzo had no wife?
Thank you for your help Ada. You are a superwoman! Very Happy

#18: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 pm
    ----
Cathy,
I think that with all these jokes with Luca (my fault) you missed his post where hegave the explanation for what I thought was a surname. It's not a surname but the equivalent of "Sr" in English as son and father had the same name. The Mayor had to go and certify that what the two declarants reported was true. I believe this was the rule as he mentions that this is in accordance with Napoleon Code. "il fu Vincenzo Napolitano" in this case means "the one who was Vincenzo Napolitano", he used the past (fu) as he wasn't anymore alive. Italian is difficult to explain sometimes.
I'd like to be a superwoman sometimes but ....dreams, do you know where can I buy superpowers ?

Ada

#19: Re: What is this? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 pm
    ----
I did miss that Ada...I had to use Google Translate. Embarassed I did that after I posted and should have done it before. I have been working so hard this week on revising and updating my website and to a brand new template with new code and I think I lost a few brain cells Wink
Have a peek - it's got flash! And your name is mentioned on the main page!
New Montalto Uffugo.Net Index The new pages are not "live" yet - I have 20 more pages to move to the new code but I hope to have the new look live by Sunday.
I do not know where to buy super powers but if you find out, please let me know. I could use some super powers myself! Wink

#20: Re: What is this? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 pm
    ----
Cathy the new look is fantastic!! Great job Smile

#21: Re: What is this? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:34 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:

Have a peek - it's got flash! And your name is mentioned on the main page!
New Montalto Uffugo.Net Index

Wow Cathy, my contribution was so small and I didn't expect you mentioned my name on the main page! I feel very honoured to be among others who did a lot more. Thank you very much, it was very kind of you kiss

Oh, and you did a fantastic job! You are very patient, this is like a jigsaw where you add pieces every time but how satisfying when you find a little piece that fits in....

Ada

#22: Re: What is this? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 pm
    ----
Thanks Elizabeth and Ada. Ada, this is not the first time you have helped me and I am sure it will not be the last. I have found many stories from these little pieces! And most of them were found with the help of many people on this forum. I am eternally grateful to everyone here.

-> Translations