Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Finding my Grandfather
-> Where do I begin?

#16: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:48 am
    ----
Hi Ada

When my dad was 50 his aunt was 40 and his uncle was 38 Shocked Shocked Shocked but the sad part was......both his aunt and uncle died before my father did Confused

#17: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: RandyCLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:56 pm
    ----
May I ask were do you find all this information? I have my grandmother and my wife's family we want to look up. I'd like to do as much as I can. Thanks you all for your help.

#18: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:12 pm
    ----
Hi Randy to look up information you can get a subscription to ancestry.com or you can use sites like www.stevemorse.org to find ships manifests, heritagequest.com for census information (your local library should have subscriptions for this and ancestry to use for free) and there are many sites on line that are free sites also. Whenever I find a good site that I like I bookmark it to my favorites.

Maybe you'd like to start another thread for your grandmother and her family and one for your wifes family and we can help you as you go along and are learning how to research. It won't take you long to pick it up and we'll be here for you in case you need the help or some pointers.

#19: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 pm
    ----
Edit to remove incorrect information.

Last edited by BillieDeKid on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: RandyCLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 pm
    ----
When I write for his birth records should I enclose money? Is yes, what do you recommend? Thank you.

#21: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: RandyCLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 am
    ----
Randy wrote:
This is not her. My grandmother was born in the USA.
Thanks.

BillieDeKid wrote:
Randy -

I believe this to be the manifest of Anna, Rantucci's wife. I just need to confirm with you that Anna's maiden name was Paradiso. If it's not Paradiso then I'll delete this post. But for now you might like to view this

Anna 1910 manifest page 1

Anna 1910 manifest page 2

#22: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 pm
    ----
RandyC wrote:
When I write for his birth records should I enclose money? Is yes, what do you recommend? Thank you.

Randy, you don't have to enclose money. These documents are usually free of charge. Anyway, the letter mentions to let you know if there are expenses to reimburse.

Ada

#23: Re: Finding my Grandfather Author: RandyCLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 pm
    ----
My grandfather's father name was Angelo and his mother Maria. We do not have her last name. They never came to the USA. How do we find any information on them? Thank you.

-> Where do I begin?