Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: A few questions regarding some Documents
-> Translations

#1: A few questions regarding some Documents Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:57 pm
    ----
Last night I found processetti that was very interesting to me because it gave documents for both my Scarlato and my Fullone lines of ancestry in addition to which, there is information on several more of my family surnames. Also interesting was the fact that 2 processetti (of Fullone siblings) were combined into 1. I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer.
This first document is an extract of a baptism of Michele Fullone, the groom. His Godfather is Pasquale Crivaro - I descend from him too! The document is here. Does it mention his relationship to this family or his wife? I doubt it does but I have to ask.
This next document here I cannot tell what it is - I am thinking a death of Eugenia DeFillipis? Is Giuseppe her father? I would also like the date since I descend from these people. Another document referred to Eugenia as Filippo - I am very confused on this surname because the same occurred with Anna DeFillippis/Filippo whom I descend from also.
This next document here I believe is an extract of the death of Teresa Scarlato's 1st husband Francesco Venturo. He died in Cosenza? The city? Or are they referring to Province? He died in prison??? Is that correct? Shocked Page 2 is here
The last document here I think is a death extract for Chiara DiLio. Her father was Vincenzo?? (I descend from a Vincenzo DiLio also) No mother's name? Rolling Eyes

I am at a point now in the records where often the mother's name is left off the death documents and other documents for these people born well into the 1700's. What do you do when you reach this point? Without the wife's/mother's name it is just a guess, isn't it? Is this the end of the road? Shocked
Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

#2: Re: A few questions regarding some Documents Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
... His Godfather is Pasquale Crivaro - I descend from him too! The document is here. Does it mention his relationship to this family or his wife?
No!
Cathy wrote:
This next document here I cannot tell what it is
Death act for Saverio Fullone, husband of Eugenia di Filippo, age about 50. Joseph (Giuseppe) Defilippis was the priest that gave him the extreme unction.

Cathy wrote:
This next document here I believe is an extract of the death of Teresa Scarlato's 1st husband Francesco Ventura. He died in Cosenza? The city? Or are they referring to Province? He died in prison??? Is that correct? Shocked

Yes, he died on january 21th 1811 and he was imprisoned on december 10th 1810, at the age of 23: he left a wife and a child. The 2nd page doesn't work, so i can't tell you the place.

Cathy wrote:
The last document here I think is a death extract for Chiara DiLio. Her father was Vincenzo?? (I descend from a Vincenzo DiLio also) No mother's name? Rolling Eyes
Yes, Chiara di Lio died on august 21th 1811 at the age of 60. She was the widow of Andrea Calomino and the daughter of the late Vincenzo di Lio.

Cathy wrote:
I am at a point now in the records where often the mother's name is left off the death documents and other documents for these people born well into the 1700's. What do you do when you reach this point?
If you know the wife's name you can look for marriage (in these documents you can find the parent's names or, at least, father and grandfather's names that allow you to find birth records with a high probability to don't blunder).

L.

#3: Re: A few questions regarding some Documents Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 am
    ----
Thank you so much Luca!

-> Translations