Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Uncle Vitangelo
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Uncle Vitangelo Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 am
    ----
Can someone with Ancestry look up a 1929 manifest for

Vitangelo Magarelli

I have his 1923 and 1932 manifest but i do not have a clean copy of his 1929 manifest

thanks in advance,
Mauro

#2: Re: Uncle Vitangelo Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:01 am
    ----
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Vitangelo Magarelli
Name: Vitangelo Magarelli
Arrival Date: 22 Jul 1929
Estimated birth year: abt 1901
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Roma
Search Ship Database: View the Roma in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
NATIVITY: Italy
Line: 5
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_4539
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: molfetta
Page Number: 182

There are 5 ship manifests for (or associated with) Vitangelo. The one you want only shows the second page. I checked a few pages before it and after it but was unable to find page one. Will look through the reel and see if I can locate it

#3: Re: Uncle Vitangelo Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 pm
    ----
Ok, that explains why i don't have it then.... thanks for checking!

Do you think it was placed somewhere else or is that page missing forever? perhaps the original was destroyed before they scanned them in?

#4: Re: Uncle Vitangelo Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
    ----
I'm not sure why but I will keep looking .. I also think there were a few other years there were manifests for that you didn't mention but I 'm not sure. I'll check when I can access it again - unless someone else beats me to it.

#5: Re: Uncle Vitangelo Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:28 pm
    ----
Are any of these the manifests you want?
Manifest 1
Manifest 2
Manifest 3
Manifest 4
Manifest 5

#6: Re: Uncle Vitangelo Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 pm
    ----
Thanks Cathy,

I have all of those except for the 1929 manifest (which Nuccia was referring to) I'm hoping the first page isn't lost forever...

These documents are actually for two Vitangelos, one was my great uncle (b. 1901) another a second cousin. (b. 1904)

For some reason, your copies look sharper than the ones i had on file.... Thanks again

-> General Discussion Groups