Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: 1930 Census Free Download
-> Resource Pages

#1: 1930 Census Free Download Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:59 am
    ----
I just found that this site has the 1930 Census that you can download and view straight from your PC - for free! I was playing around with it a bit and although a bit difficult to navigate I was able to actually view pages from Colorado Census. Let me know what you think!

www.archive.org/details/1930_census

#2: Re: 1930 Census Free Download Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:51 am
    ----
It's an interesting site. Did you download as a PDF file? I didn't see any other option that involved downloading. The online reader is similar to the one on Footnote. The files are too massive to download the whole census. I checked out one portion of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania and it was over 600 meg. I think I'll experiment more with the online viewer.

BTW what did you think of the first episode of Who Do You Think You Are? Personally, I found it disappointing. Too much staging, all the work done by professional genealogists behind the scenes so SJP could jet across country and utter endless OMG's in close-ups! Sorry. I guess I'm acting a bit like Simon Cowell Shocked

#3: Re: 1930 Census Free Download Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:10 am
    ----
Hi Tom,

No, I did not download the PDF file. I noticed when I clicked on the Colorado Census I wanted to view, it took me to another page for downloads. On the top left hand corner there was a link which I clicked on and I used it as a viewer. Perhaps this is what you also noticed? Anyway, it allowed me to look through the pages one by one. I am trying not to get to wrapped up in it right now since I have promised myself I would finish the one hundred other things I started but once I am done, I do plan on experimenting with it a bit.

As for the first episode of Who do Yo Think You Are - Let me start off by saying I am lucky I even got to watch a TV program of my choice. Normally I never get the chance to see anything I like so last night was sort of a fluke for me. (OK..we do have four TV's in the house but there are five of us so I get the computer).

I thought Jessica Sarah Parker was a bit too dramatic and that there were too many commercials! Yes, definitely too much staging and in the real world I doubt we would ever get the chance to jump around the globe from city to city to do our research so that disappointed me quite a bit. Having said that - I have watched the English series before so I figured that this would take on the same format. I would like to see the average "Joe Blow" research here are there. I do like the fact though that they concentrated on one person's genealogy unlike Faces of America where everything was everywhere. So perhaps it was not the show that was disappointing for me but the choice of person they chose to research. She did have an interesting background though and I would have loved to hear more about the Salem Witch Hunts.

-> Resource Pages