Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Galfre & Bergamasco
-> Northern Italy

#16: Re: Galfre & Bergamasco Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:36 am
    ----
One of our many cousins in Italy sent us some new information: the parents of Michele Galfre (born 20 June 1836 in Spinetta) are Giovanni Battista Bartolomeo Galfre and Teresa Dematteis. The parents of Francesca Manassero (born July 1839 in Spinetta) are Giovanni Manaserro and Teresa Cavallo.

This gives me some new names, dates and places to investigate, though I am not sure how much I will dig up from here. But at least when I do finally visit Italy (which shouldn't be too difficult from where I am!), I have a little bit more to go on there. Smile

#17: Re: Galfre & Bergamasco Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:40 pm
    ----
I love it when I get new information and true- its so hard to figure out sometimes what to do with it from here.

#18: Re: Galfre & Bergamasco Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:19 am
    ----
Yup, Nuccia! First I had to learn where Spinetta is (I figured it wasn't far from Cuneo, Busca, and San Beningo - all the places my great-great grandfather's family has lived or still do live, and I was right. Now that I know where it is, I need to start looking at the new names and seeing if I can find anything online.

Hm, I also need to see if there is a Family History Library anywhere near me here in England. I used it all the time in the U.S. There was one near me in Korea, but I did not speak enough Hangul to make use of it. Of course, with Family Search digitizing everything, research is getting a bit easier.

But visiting Italy is definitely the most important thing to accomplish!

-> Northern Italy