Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Newbie/Researching my family
-> About Us

#16: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----
Parducci, Pardusa, PARDUZZI ?

#17: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Parducci, Pardusa, PARDUZZI ?

Thanks nuccia! I received a package from Bill, who sent me Mary's obit, and believe it or not, I have a new spelling for the maiden name Surprised It states that Mary's maiden name is PERTZEUSE, born in Rome, Italy, on July 9, 1850. States she married Nicholas French in Rome, Italy on November 1, 1875 (I had 1878). Also lists her real first name as Marie! However, trying to research Pertzeuse has lead me no where...again! Still waiting on Louie's bc, and praying (and crossing fingers) that it is spelt the same as at least ONE of the above - I will scream if it is again different.

#18: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm
    ----
Keep us posted... Smile

#19: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
I received Louie's birth certificate this afternoon, and once again, I have another new spelling for my gg grandmother's maiden name! I just want to cry Crying or Very sad

This one is spelled (can't make out a few letters), Prezidu_ _ia. I know this can't be anything near correct...

Can anyone else help me try to decode this mystery, because I am at a loss and could really use as many opinions as I can take.

The bc also states that she had 4 live children, which in 1890, would be correct and 5 born alive, now dead and 1 stillborn (which I found records). She had to have had at least three children while still living in Italy.

Michelle

#20: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:48 pm
    ----
Michelle I think the best thing to do is post copies of the records you actually have so we can try to figure this out.

#21: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 pm
    ----
Thanks Nuccia - I will scan them tomorrow, while at work and do my best to post them when I get home.

#22: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:39 pm
    ----
Attached are the following that includes my gg grandmother, Mary's maiden name

Her obit, two children's birth certificates

#23: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 pm
    ----
Wow...those are BIG - sorry if I did not do this correctly!

Louie's bc was too big, so I must try to resize it...

#24: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:46 pm
    ----
Wow...those are BIG - sorry if I did not do this correctly!

Louie's bc was too big, so I must try to resize it...

#25: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:01 pm
    ----
Trying to attach Louie's bc

Louie's Birth Certificate:

#26: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:57 pm
    ----
I am guessing no one has any suggestions to the names?

#27: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm
    ----
I've resized your images so hopefully this will help.

#28: Re: Newbie/Researching my family Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for resizing the images Nuccia Smile

The obit. says her name was Marie Pertzeuse and was born in Rome July 9th 1850. She was married in Rome November 1st 1875 and she and Nick French came to the USA in 1882 and didn't move to Mellen until 1886.

Alexandra's birth record has Marie's surname spelled Mary Purdence and Mary Puraduse or Puradase. Louis's birth record has her name as Maria Preziduasia.

I've checked on stevemorse.org and on ancestry and I can not find anything close to the spelling of her last name. I also put in French for the surname and Rome for the town of origin and came up with two people named French from Rome, Italy (not Nick or Maria).

Since you know she was born and married in Rome and have the days, months and year for both you might try writing to Rome and request the records. If you compose a letter in English and post it to the translation board Ada, Livio, Luca or Carole can translate it to Italian for you. It's worth a try.

-> About Us