Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: birth certificates
-> Translations

#1: birth certificates Author: smokenlily PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm
My son Luca was born in Sacile,Italy back in 2002..We were stationed in the Army when he was born.He wasnt born on a military base but in the hospital in Sacile...I was just looking at the paper they gave me after he was born and my Cognome de nubile della madre is wrong..They put my married name instead of my maiden name on it...Is there a way to get that fixed in the mail or do I have to go back to Sacile to get it taken care of...We are back in the United States..Also does that qualify him as having dual citizenship?I would like for him to have an Italian passport as well as one from the US since I plan to go back to italy to stay for a few weeks maybe longer. I would love to move back permanently. Also is the Estratto dai registri degli atti di nascita his birth certificate?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

#2: Re: birth certificates Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 am
The Estratto dai registri degli atti di nascita is more accurate than a birth certificate.
I might be wrong, but I believe that you need a "sentence" of the tribunal to correct your name on the "Registro degli Atti di Nascita" and consequently on the "Estratto" and on the "birth certificate". Also, being born in Italy does not qualify for Italian citizenship...

-> Translations

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1