Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Cittanova Records
-> Translations

#1: Cittanova Records Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 pm
    ----
Can anyone help translate this records for John? Someone got them from the archives but he has no idea what they say or if they are connected to his family in any way. Thanks

www.gentedimareitalian...CF0001.JPG
www.gentedimareitalian...CF0002.JPG
www.gentedimareitalian...CF0003.JPG
www.gentedimareitalian...CF0004.JPG

#2: Re: Cittanova Records Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:26 am
    ----
I have problems to decipher it completely...
It's a deed of gift made in front of a Notary (??ardo Di Cristo) on Oct 25 1891.
Antonino Galluccio donates to his daughter Angela a small building and Giuseppe Iemma donates to his son Vincenzo a piece of land(?). The donation is an anticipation of the legal inheritance.
I was not able to understand why the 2 donations were made simultaneously, Maybe Angela and Vincenzo were engaged.

#3: Re: Cittanova Records Author: maryLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 am
    ----
I have a similar document, including the exact same stamp at the top, which was drawn up by a notary about 3 weeks before my parents' wedding in 1949. It records a piece of land given to my father by his father; a piece of land given to my mother by her her parents, a piece of land given to my mother by her mother and grandmother (joint owners), and a house given to my mother by her mother and grandmother (joint owners). They are described more or less the same as in John's document, naming the owners of the properties on all sides adjacent to the property, the value, the size, whether it was arable or pasture.

Nowhere on the document does it say that my parents were engaged.

Cittanova is about ten miles from Ardore, where my family lived.

Hope this helps you out in some way.

Mary

#4: Re: Cittanova Records Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:43 pm
    ----
The first image is of a Carta Bollata per Atti Giudiziari for the princely sum of 2 Lire....

These pages were used to produce any 'legal acts' which were done by a such people as notaries, mayors, police etc. etc. Denominations varied depending on the legal matter being dealt with. It is the same today...

These were pages that you could only buy at certain tobacconists who had a license to sell 'marche da bollo', tobacco and salt. The only license no longer required is for the sale of salt, but tho other two still stand.

Today's modern 'marche' are like this

and the sign fixed outside tobacconists are still in use today

This one had licenses to sell Tobacco, salt, 'marche da bolllo' (Valori) and to sell lottery tickets!

#5: Re: Cittanova Records Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:11 pm
    ----
It is traditional even today to 'gift' land or property to your children on or even before marriage. My in laws 'gifted' land and property to their four children about 25 years ago. They kept 'uso frutta' on the gifts which essentially means they can't change their mind about the gift but the children can't sell without their consent. If at any point they need money for some purpose (like a nursing home or medical care) then they can ask for rent from whoever is using the property or take it back and rent it for the proceeds. Its like getting your inheritance early and paying little or no taxes on it, but having it tied up so you can't profit from it except to live in it usually rent free.

#6: Re: Cittanova Records Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 am
    ----
Italysearcher wrote:
... They kept 'uso frutta' on the gifts ....

Usufrutto = Usufruct, the legal right of using and enjoying the fruits or profits of something belonging to another.
Wink

#7: Re: Cittanova Records Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:57 pm
    ----
Thanx to all for your hard work in my behalf....Johnnie

-> Translations