Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: facebook widgets?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: facebook widgets? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 am
    ----
I started a FB group for people from Waterbury that have roots in Celenza Valfortore. Someone from my web site suggested it as a way for people from the old neighborhood to connect. I thought that was a great idea. The problem is, that I would like to put a facebook widget on my web page but it seems that the facebook widgets are not for Groups, but rather for pages. Does anyone know how I can create a widget for a FB group or where I can lift the html from?

#2: Re: facebook widgets? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:15 am
    ----
I don't know of any widgets but if you cannot find one, you may just have to provide a link.

#3: Re: facebook widgets? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 pm
    ----
Thanks, Cathy. I did that for now and hopefully they will provide widgets for groups. I guess I don't understand the difference b/t a facebook page and a facebook group. Oh, well. It seems like people are excited to connect with each other in the group and that is all that matters. Have you thought about linking a group to your website? (Not like you don't have enough on your plate!)

#4: Re: facebook widgets? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:38 pm
    ----
Lori, I have not thought about that. It's a great idea but the Montalto groups are not very active. Confused I am working on Mom's family now so maybe I can find some group for her families or early New England Ancestry. Thanks for the idea! Very Happy

#5: Re: facebook widgets? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 am
    ----
Lori, Have you tried this page?

www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/

I think this might work for you. Let me know if it helps. Smile

-> General Discussion Groups