Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Questions regarding birth certificate
-> Translations

#1: Questions regarding birth certificate Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:49 pm
    ----
It appears as if the mother of the child is not named and her parents unknown? I am assuming there was no marriage as well?

img91.imageshack.us/im...g4718w.jpg

Maybe the following image confirms my suspicions.....

img188.imageshack.us/i...4732ds.jpg

#2: Re: Questions regarding birth certificate Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 am
    ----
You are correct, in the first document Stefano Licata declares that Leonardo was born (16 May 1883) to an unnamed woman with whom he had a relation (no marriage), he also specifies the woman was not married and was not related to him.
According to second document Leonardo died on 30 Oct 1884, at 1 year age, son of Stefano Licata and mother unknown.

#3: Re: Questions regarding birth certificate Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:25 am
    ----
They, surely, didn't have a civil marriage, but it's possible that they had religious wedding before that birth. It's also possible that you can find their civil marriage in a following period, with the explicit recognition (acknowledgement?) of the children born during their relation (often only the living children).
L.

#4: Re: Questions regarding birth certificate Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 am
    ----
Thanks, Livio and Luca. I have found a civil marriage document such as Luca mentioned with an ancestor from Belmonte in which the children from the relationship are named and confirmed as legitimate offspring of the father.

-> Translations