Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Piscioneri in Caulonia
-> About Us

#1: Piscioneri in Caulonia Author: brobinson43Location: Tasmania, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:14 am
    ----
Hi everyone,

I am posting my surname interest as requested.

Last week I received the microfilm of BDMs for Reggio Calabria covering Caulonia where my granddaughters' g-grandfather was born. He was born in Caulonia in 1909 and emigrated to Australia about 20 years later. I found his father's name and place of birth from Naturalisation papers, so I'm away.

Baz

#2: Re: Piscioneri in Caulonia Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm
    ----
Hi Baz! Welcome to Gente. I am extracting records for many of the towns in the Province of Reggio Calabria (Ardore, Gerace, Mammola). I think I also have some records from Caulonia which I will look into and post at some point. Perhaps we can get together and exchange info - I did read you are having trouble with images. If you email me a copy of one of the images I can try and fix it for you. I have been successful with a few.

Look forward to hearing from you!

#3: Re: Piscioneri in Caulonia Author: brobinson43Location: Tasmania, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:11 am
    ----
Thanks for your welcome and yuour offer, Nuccia.

I took a number of photos of the screen yesterday, but I quickly found out, I need to take a tripod! Two of the photos came out reasonably legible, the rest had movement or were out of focus, and the most important photo (which incidentally was handheld!) has lots of reflections including myself in it.

So I will try again next Thursday, if this doesn't work, I will have to borrow my wifes up-market Sony SLR in which I can control everything. The rsults seem to come out OK provided I turn off the lights in the room.

I also received your email and clicked on the link, the transcription and explanation you gave is excellent! Cathy also replied to my poting elsewhere on this site, but her link led to an English translation. The Italian is better for my purposes as I can understand nearly all of it and it is easier to read the nadwriting when I've got my brain into Italian gear.

I will send you copies of Vincenzo's atto do nascita as soon as I have good copies. I'd really love to be able to read his mother's name!

Thanks again,

Barrie

#4: Re: Piscioneri in Caulonia Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 pm
    ----
Hi Baz
Have you tried taking the photograph of the documents with the flash on the camera turned to off. I have found this works well with me most times a lot depends on the qualityof the film too though.

Emmy

Ps I dont have a fancy camera just a simple digital one Wink

#5: Re: Piscioneri in Caulonia Author: brobinson43Location: Tasmania, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:45 am
    ----
Emmy,

I never dreamed of taking the photo with the flash turned on. But thanks for the comment, anyway.

The major problem, until I realised it, was the room light.

Anyway, I'm taking a tripod next week and we'll see how it turns out.

The photos even as they were were better than the printouts.

Best wishes,

Barrie

#6: Re: Piscioneri in Caulonia Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 pm
    ----
I cant even get print outs at my FHC they dont have the facilities for that no scanners either, so only option for me is to take photographs. I think the tripod is a great idea.
Emmy

-> About Us