Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need help with this baptism please
-> Translations

#1: Need help with this baptism please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:40 pm
    ----
I am working on the last few years of the baptisms that I can put online and came across an insert in the book of baptisms. The insert mentions Giuseppe Riso and Maria Albina (cousins of my grandfather). The insert is labeled "N 160" and is attached near the N 160 baptism of Paolo Bruno Salerno. I would like to know what it says. Your help is appreciated.
The baptism page is here

#2: Re: Need help with this baptism please Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:58 pm
    ----
Cathy, I'd add my 2 cents but I'm sure you already know what info I could add Sad

#3: Re: Need help with this baptism please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 pm
    ----
Thanks Tom! These Riso's puzzle me. Both Giuseppe and his brother have children where the mother is listed as ignota. Giuseppe has one child but his brother has 4 children all of which have a mother listed as ignota. I have never seen anyone else with just the mother listed as ignota - father's, yes, mother's only the 2 Riso brothers. Very strange.

#4: Re: Need help with this baptism please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 am
    ----
I have seen it before. Sometimes, if the mother was previously married and her husband died and was collecting a pension she would only remarry in the comune and not in the Church and her name was not listed on future children's Birth's or she would risk losing her pension. This is just one scenario of course

-> Translations