Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Annibali and Gobbini families from Manciano, Grosetto
-> Northern Italy

#1: Annibali and Gobbini families from Manciano, Grosetto Author: rjjammer PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 pm
    ----
Hello,
I recieved some information on my wife's GGgranparents marriage in Manciano, Grosetto in 1890.
Luzio Annibali married Rosa Gobbini 8 Jun 1890 Atto n. 26.
I was not given the information on the parents of Luzio or Rosa but I am in the process of asking for that information.
Rosa was born in Manciano and I am aware of the L.D.S. records for Tuscany which cover Manciano.
Luziano was 31 making him born in 1859. He is listed asa being born in Chiusi in Casentino.
I looked for a comune in Casentino and was told it was a valley?
I was told to try A'Quilla?
If anyone knows where I should look next I would appreciate that information.
Where would the records for Casentino have been in 1859?
Since we are all in the quest for knowledge about our Italian roots I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have helped me in the past.
Mille Grazie!

#2: Re: Annibali and Gobbini families from Manciano, Grosetto Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:09 am
    ----
Hi rjjammer,
Casentino is an area/valley in Tuscany in the province of Arezzo including several towns. Your town should be Chiusi della Verna which was once called Chiusi in Casentino. I think you should request films for Chiusi della Verna as they are probably kept under that name.
Luziano is not the correct spelling as it should be Luciano.

Good luck

Ada

-> Northern Italy