Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Another Italian city on ancestry
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:14 pm
    ----
Siracusa, Sicily, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1900-1929

#2: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:28 pm
    ----
Awesome - thanks!

#3: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:31 pm
    ----
Tell them to go northeast toward Puglia!

#4: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm
    ----
Mauro - I have a friend who I was talking to today who literally JUST got back from Bari and towns nearby. I wish I had known you needed stuff from there because he said he visited practically every catholic church in the region! It appears he knows someone who deals with all the priests.

#5: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 am
    ----
Ancestry seems to be adding records very quickly. Its just my guess, but, I think that these are records that the FHL has...also. I have not seen anything new from ancestry. The FHL doesnt have the more recent records for my moms town (1865-1910) and neither does ancestry, although it looks like they have them for the most of the province. What I am also noticing is that everything they are putting out, are the newer records (after 1865).

I have to say one thing about these records. They are crisp and clear. You wouldnt believe what the copies look like that I have, from the microfilm (black on dark gray).

I hope they get everyones town. Its a pleasure working this way.

#6: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: lynne PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:17 am
    ----
MauroMags wrote:
Tell them to go northeast toward Puglia!

...and then head south to Caulonia! Wink

Last edited by lynne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Mauro - I have a friend who I was talking to today who literally JUST got back from Bari and towns nearby. I wish I had known you needed stuff from there because he said he visited practically every catholic church in the region! It appears he knows someone who deals with all the priests.

Hi Nuccia,

I have tried unsuccessfully to gain access from the priest in Corato, Provincia di Bari where my Dad was born. This priest, Pasquale Bevilacqua was originally the Parish priest and now was promoted to the Chiesa Matrice. When he was in the Parish he directed me to the Mother Church to obtain records (with no results from my inquiry)......now he was downright NASTY when I wrote to hom and then visited the church last year.....I was waiting for him to retire or die to gain access....any chance your friend might have another avenue? I have gotten back to about ~1750 for my 5th Great Grandfather and was hoping to get back a little further via Church records.

#8: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 am
    ----
Nuccia, is he on this forum? I would be interested to know where exactly he went.

#9: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 am
    ----
He isn't on the forum but I will be talking with him again soon. He used to work with me but now he's one of my vendors so I see him often. Will let you know as soon as I can.

#10: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:53 am
    ----
Cool thanks, I appreciate it Smile

#11: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:14 pm
    ----
No problem Mauro. I can tell you that some of his surnames (Caputo and Pisani) are also the same as some of the ones you list on your site. We send a few hours talking about genealogy yesterday morning while I was working (cough, cough,). I do remember Michele Pisani born about 1925 ... and Salvatore Caputo (there are 16 generations of that name in his tree as each first born male carried the name).

#12: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:02 pm
    ----
What town does he primarily research?

#13: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:15 pm
    ----
Not sure he researches - but I did spark his interest and he is willing to start. Lets wait until next week when I hopefully will see him again and I can get more info.

#14: Re: Another Italian city on ancestry Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 pm
    ----
charliemis wrote:
nuccia wrote:

Hi Nuccia,

I have tried unsuccessfully to gain access from the priest in Corato, Provincia di Bari where my Dad was born. This priest, Pasquale Bevilacqua was originally the Parish priest and now was promoted to the Chiesa Matrice. When he was in the Parish he directed me to the Mother Church to obtain records (with no results from my inquiry)......now he was downright NASTY when I wrote to hom and then visited the church last year.....I was waiting for him to retire or die to gain access....any chance your friend might have another avenue? I have gotten back to about ~1750 for my 5th Great Grandfather and was hoping to get back a little further via Church records.

Sorry I missed this post Charlie. I sent you an email though. Smile

-> General Discussion Groups