Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Comuni, frazioni and and other inhabited centres
-> Resource Pages

#1: Comuni, frazioni and and other inhabited centres Author: danibmLocation: Buenos Aires, Argentina PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:33 am
    ----
Hi:

It can happen that although we look for information about one Italian comune we may not find anything for two reasons:
- It is a fraction or a populated centre which depends on a comune for its administration.
- Maybe the comune or fraction does not exist anymore or changed its name in the various territorial reorganizations that Italy made.

These searching resources may be useful:

- Comuni, frazioni and and other inhabited centres - In all, there are about 8,100 Italian comuni and 37,000 frazioni and the number of small inhabited places is 16,000.
Read More --> Comune, frazione, nucleo abitato

- Changes in the political organization of Italy:
Regions, provinces, circondari and mandamenti
Name changes
Towns which disappeared: called “the comuni soppressi”
Territorial reorganizations
Read More --> Changes in the political organization

- List of Italian towns (it includes place names in the local language, list of comuni which changed their names)
Read More --> List of Italian Towns

Regards,

#2: Re: Comuni, frazioni and and other inhabited centres Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:58 am
    ----
Daniela, I think sometimes you and I are thinking with one brain since I swear I was JUST thinking of these sites about an hour ago! Thank you for posting them and for offering so many wonderful links to Gente.

#3: Re: Comuni, frazioni and and other inhabited centres Author: danibmLocation: Buenos Aires, Argentina PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm
    ----
Nuccia:

Do you belive thought transmission is possible?

Tu sei una donna meravigliosa e lavoratrice!!!

#4: Re: Comuni, frazioni and and other inhabited centres Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:04 pm
    ----
lol - oh course I do! Thank you and so are you!

-> Resource Pages