Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Eggless Stuffed Pasta?
-> Recipes

#1: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: Lafaso870 PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:39 am
    ----
I know it's not exactly Italian "cuisine" but for kids, chef boyardee ravioli is egg free or for a quick meal, Michelina's makes a frozen dinner cheese ravioli in alfredo sauce. Also, Old Fashioned Kitchen (usually found in the kosher section of the frozen foods) and Naleway's both make egg free pierogies, which are pasta stuffed with potato.

#2: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:17 pm
    ----
In my family we always called it "Chef Boy-ar-You-Lazy"...lol. Sorry I couldnt resist....Johnnie

#3: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:00 am
    ----
I remember that when we first got a tv, back in the mid 50's, they were advertising their fake Italian food like crazy. The four of us begged for chef boyardee ravioli or some other canned junk. My parents bought it and the four of us had to eat what we wanted. First and last can!!! Wink

#4: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:35 am
    ----
I loved Chef Boyardee when I was little - especially the spaghetti and meatballs- but then again, I loved almost all food. When I had the boys we were big on "healthy" food choices and homemade dishes so we never really bought them anymore. Plus we couldn't afford to buy unnecessary "junk". Once we got a bit more stable we tried to feed it to the boys and they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole! Years later my daughter comes along and sees the ad for on TV and asks for it. We buy it and funny enough she loves the spaghetti and meatballs but non of the other ones. lol We split a large can one night and I thought "how the hell did I ever eat this?" But my daughter still gets a can here and there and in the middle of the night I find the empty plate in her room.
I guess it's just a matter of taste!

#5: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 am
    ----
You'll never believe this - the night after this thread was posted I came home to a dinner made my the kids and guess what it was? Yup - Chef Boyardee Ravioli! I ate it but it I really didn't enjoy it at all. But it did make me laugh. lol

#6: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:45 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
You'll never believe this - the night after this thread was posted I came home to a dinner made my the kids and guess what it was? Yup - Chef Boyardee Ravioli! I ate it but it I really didn't enjoy it at all. But it did make me laugh. lol
Toooo funny. You cant make that kinda stuff up...lol ......Johnnie

#7: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:31 pm
    ----
I told you it was funny! lol lol

#8: Re: Eggless Stuffed Pasta? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:04 pm
    ----
I never had any of this canned junk until I was a teenager. I went to a friends house and she made chef boyardee ravioli. I ate it and apparently liked it because I made my mother buy it. To me tho..it wasnt italian food..it was..um..like campbell soup..lol

Recently, my husband and I were food shopping and passed it and spaghettios. He remarked how he didnt know how my grandkids could eat that stuff. I just laughed, because my kids liked spaghettios too, as children. I said to him..we all out grow that stuff. I think our tastebuds have to mature first, tho..lol

I keep a lot of quick food here for when my grandkids come. Ezmac, soup, peanut butter, etc. I do NOT keep canned pasta of any kind..lol Let the moms feed them that.

-> Recipes