Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need another set of eyes
-> Translations

#1: Need another set of eyes Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:01 pm
    ----
There are two names that are giving me trouble: the bride's father's given name and the bride's mother's surname.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#2: Re: Need another set of eyes Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:34 am
    ----
Bride's father's name could be Plagido which is a rather unusual spelling of Placido.
The surname that I read is Jamusa, but it does not exist...

#3: Re: Need another set of eyes Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 pm
    ----
Thanks, Livio, you can see why it was a struggle for me to decipher.

Perhaps you can help with the following marriage document. It appears as if Cristofaro is claiming his children in the bottom part of the document. I'm guessing the marriage was recorded in church records when it took place and only updated in the civil records with this document.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#4: Re: Need another set of eyes Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 am
    ----
It's difficult to read and it appears that they had 3 children from their natural union: Cristoforo born May 28 1881, Cristoforo (again) born Dec 6 1885 and Giuseppe bor Sep 27 1889.
There is no mention of a previous religious marriage although it is very likely that they married in the Church at the time of the first pregnancy.

#5: Re: Need another set of eyes Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:51 pm
    ----
Dietro di ciò gli stessi alla presenza dei sudetti testimoni hanno dichiarato
che per la loro unione naturale ebbero tre figli i quali furono denunziati
in questo Ufficio di Stato Civile cioè, uno sotto il giorno 28 maggio 1881 sotto
nome di Cristofaro, uno sotto il giorno 6 dicembre 1885(?) sotto nome di Cristofaro
uno sotto il giorno 27 settembre 1889 sotto nome di Giuseppe, che gli stessi
per mezzo di quest'atto di matrimonio li riconoscono per legittimi figli.
Letto il presente atto agli intervenuti...

#6: Re: Need another set of eyes Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 pm
    ----
Grazie, Luca. I'm glad to see that you are still dropping in to check out the translation section of Gente. I'm going over documents again so I'm sure I'll have more conundrums for the translators here.

-> Translations