Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Carmela Esposito Birth Act
-> Translations

#1: Carmela Esposito Birth Act Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:23 pm
    ----
The link below is for my great grandmother, Carmela Esposito's birth act. Am I correct that her mother died in childbirth based on the line reading:
"due d' notte nella casa d'essa dichiarante fu' esposta"

If so, an atto di morte for a female on or around the date of Carmela's birth might be her mother.

img143.imageshack.us/i...darker.jpg

Biff

#2: Re: Carmela Esposito Birth Act Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:04 pm
    ----
No Biff, there is no evidence that the mother died during the childbirth. The sentence states that at 2 a.m. the baby was "lasciata" (getted off?) at the midwife house, but she (the midwife) didn't know the parents. I think the mother gave birth to her daughter in the house of the midwife and she knew the real identity of the woman, but she didn't declare it.
So, I think you'll never know this name.
L.

#3: Re: Carmela Esposito Birth Act Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 pm
    ----
Thanks for your help. It looks like I'm at a dead end with her ancestry, but I wonder if she was adopted or taken in by a family and who that family might have been.

Biff

#4: Re: Carmela Esposito Birth Act Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 am
    ----
The surname Esposito, that was given to Carmela by the mayor, derives from the word "espos(i)ta".

-> Translations