Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: what does this mean? Re: Naples
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: what does this mean? Re: Naples Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:42 pm
    ----
I got a copy of my ggf's marriage certificate from a church in NY and it says that his bride is from Vicoquense, Napoli. Is that a street, a section of Naples, a mis-transcription?

#2: Re: what does this mean? Re: Naples Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 am
    ----
Lori, is this for the same ggf? I have to say, I want to know where this is going to end... You got the certificate from the church this fast? I'm impressed!

#3: Re: what does this mean? Re: Naples Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:37 am
    ----
Vico Equense is a Comune in the Province of Napoli.

#4: Re: what does this mean? Re: Naples Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 am
    ----
Thank you, Livio! That will help me track her down Smile

Mike: Yes, this is the "new" bride of the ggf. I wrote to the church and sent some $$$ Wink They sent me back a nice stamped wedding certificate and wrote on the back the names of the towns that the bride and groom were from. They did not find any children in their baptism ledger, but I only asked them to look for the year of the marriage and the year following the marriage.

Mike, I am still hung up on the signatures not matching between ggf's first and second marriage! However, all the info. matches, down to the town that ggf told the church he was from.

I won't post the names of the parties involved here because I have not told the rest of the family that ggf was probably married twice.

#5: Re: what does this mean? Re: Naples Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 pm
    ----
I wonder if perhaps he could have practiced writing his name...perhaps someone signed for him on one of them? Or maybe he was like I am and wrote his signature a lot, and just got better at it? I might be going back to the archives next week, do you need anything else? Just facebook me!

#6: Re: what does this mean? Re: Naples Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm
    ----

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vico_Equense

-> General Discussion Groups