Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: old documents
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: old documents Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 am
    ----
While cleaning out my deceased father in laws papers we came across 200 years of land transactions, dating back to 1815.
A veritable treasure trove. Can't wait to go through them all, dirty as they are.

#2: Re: old documents Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 am
    ----
What a cool find! Have fun going through them. May they be very useful!

#3: Re: old documents Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm
    ----
That's amazing. Are they all for Italian or North American (or other Country) transactions?

#4: Re: old documents Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:28 pm
    ----
All Italian, my husband thinks his ancestor was one of the largest landowners in the area at one time. I have been going through them and found one dated 1790.

#5: Re: old documents Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:32 pm
    ----
Very Nice! What do you plan to do with them all? Will you scan them and preserve the originals or donate them to a historical society or just keep them? I imagine you would want to preserve them someway, no?

-> General Discussion Groups