Page Topic: Best Gravy Recipe
-> Recipes

#1: Best Gravy Recipe Author: martyadelfio PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:15 am
    ----
Grama Rose Adelfio recipe

1 onion grated not diced it releases the sugar in the onion that way
Saute onion in 2 Tbl of butter with salt/pepper italian spices and 1bay leaf
add 2 cloves of minced garlic cook for 1 min stirring not to burn garlic
add 2 cans of 6 in1 Tomatoes just like San Marzano Tomatoes now I bring to a boil a stirring then reduce heat and add olive oil couple of tablespoons taste the gravy before you add it and after its changes the whole taste Grama always said that when youcook olive with onions it doesnt release the sugar like butter does............This a great gravy that doesnt have cook all day and if your not a meatball or sausage person its great by itself

Marty

#2: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: Romano1970Location: Colorado PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:10 am
    ----
I am going to try this over the weekend!!!!!!!!! : )

#3: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 am
    ----
This does sound good. I also hope to try it.

#4: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: Romano1970Location: Colorado PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:27 am
    ----
I wanted to add this because I ALWAYS enjoy this. I always have left over pasta and sauce from the last meal ( what can I say, I cook for an army....I'm Italian) in a saute pan, add a little olive oil and a pat of butter and a garlic clove crushed. let it saute for about a minute. then add the pasta flip the pasta so that the oil and butter envelope the pasta. If you already have the pasta and sauce together it should take only a few minutes to warm through. If you have not, add the sauce, you dont want to smother the pasta with sauce, just coat it. Plate the pasta and enjoy.

Adding hot pepper flakes while warming gives it the extra kick!!!!

#5: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:31 am
    ----
I 'fry' leftover over pasta all the time as well. Its the only way to heat it up in my opinion! Ok, so I gave up pasta for Lent and this thread is killing me! lol

#6: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: Romano1970Location: Colorado PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:29 pm
    ----
LMAO

#7: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: martyadelfio PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:38 pm
    ----
What nice about this gravy is it good and quick and has great flavor and you can adjust the flavor by the amount of olive oil you add. Make some fresh pasta and little ciabatta bread and glass of vino ...............

Marty

#8: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Ok, so I gave up pasta for Lent and this thread is killing me! lol

The supreme sacrifice! No way I could do that. I can't make it more than two days without going into semolina withdrawal.

Biff

#9: Re: Best Gravy Recipe Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:35 pm
    ----
Biff this has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done. Especially after going to Mom's on the weekend where she made her homemade lasagna and sauce. And there was freshly baked Italian bread! But I didn't cave in and in only two more weeks I will be sitting at Mom's for Easter's and you can better I will be taking multiple servings! Ok - the good news is I lost 8 pounds since I gave it up and I am rarely ever bloated or tired anymore. I wonder if this is because I am eating more fruits and salads?

-> Recipes