Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation of death record please
-> Translations

#1: Translation of death record please Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:01 pm
    ----
I have received the death record for Chiara Rescigno, age 2, who died, I believe, 26 Jul 1809. This is from Roccapiemonte but it does not, that I can see, state she died there.

Cannot determine who the father is, either Luigi or Saverio, and if the mother is named at all.

i460.photobucket.com/a...th1809.jpg

Would Universita be the same as the comune name? What are the professions of those involved.

lilbees

#2: Re: Translation of death record please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:58 pm
    ----
The parents are not named however Chiara died in Roccapiemonte, in the house situated in the street known as "Casa Fojella", the same of Luigi Rescigno, it is therefore very likely that she was the daughter of Luigi.
Luigi is "Tessitor di tela" = Cloth weaver
Saverio is "Coltivator de campi" = field cropper, farmer
Università = comune

#3: Re: Translation of death record please Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:06 pm
    ----
Thank you so much Livio. Not used to the really old records. At least this form in particular.

Oh! did it say what relationship Saverio was to Chiara?

lilbees

#4: Re: Translation of death record please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:09 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Oh! did it say what relationship Saverio was to Chiara?

lilbees
Nope Crying or Very sad

-> Translations