Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: GENTE X4!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: GENTE X4! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:58 am
    ----
Four years ago today Gente was 'born' on its original site. Since then we have moved servers a few times and have expanded to the site you see now. We also started out with about 16 original members - we now have just shy of 1000!

Gente is growing as we expected and I know Carole would be proud right now because although she always said it was 'my dream' I believe in my heart it was hers. She had big plans for Gente and I will try to carry those plans out as best I can.

She loved it and loved all of you so on behalf of us both -

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR BEING A PART OF GENTE! WE COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN HERE WITHOUT YOU.

Last edited by nuccia on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: GENTE X4! Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:13 am
    ----
Aw. Happy Birthday, Gente!

#3: Re: GENTE X4! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am
    ----
WOW! 4 Years?!!! Already? You have done a great job Nuccia! Keep up the great work! Very Happy

#4: Re: GENTE X4! Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:08 am
    ----
I can't believe it has been 4 years. I remember it just like it was yesterday! Zia, Carole is very proud of everything you have done to Gente. While I don't always post, and school has cut into most forum time, Gente is the only place I come "home" too, and tell everyone about. Happy Birthday Gente!

#5: Re: GENTE X4! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:02 pm
    ----
Happy birthday and thanks to Nuccia for the continuous great job!

#6: Re: GENTE X4! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:31 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone! I honestly feel so overwhelmed today. I am normally a very sentimental person but I can't believe how far we've come and how many wonderful friends I've made here. And looking back through the posts I see how may people have connected because of the help each one of our members here have given - it's more than what I expected.

I do have some plans for the following year to add some new features but before I implement anything I will run them by everyone and see what you all think. Perhaps I'll add a poll - it's been a while since we've had one of those and I think it would be fun.

Cheers!

#7: Re: GENTE X4! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:33 pm
    ----
It's hard to believe it's been four years!

Nuccia, thanks for all your efforts in making Gente my "home" also.

Un abbraccio,
Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: GENTE X4! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:29 pm
    ----
Congrats! Thank you for bringing such an amazing resource to the Italian Genealogy community, and for bringing us all together into one great big Gente family!!

Very Happy

#9: Re: GENTE X4! Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia for keeping Gente going! Happy Birthday to Gente!!!

Very Happy

#10: Re: GENTE X4! Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:15 pm
    ----
Happy Birthday, Gente!! This is such a great resource and I know I will be visiting more frequently as I plan my first trip to Sicily and Calabria for September! Smile

#11: Re: GENTE X4! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 pm
    ----
Four years! I feel like I have know many of you forever!

#12: Re: GENTE X4! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:13 pm
    ----
Nuccia, Carole would have been very proud of you how you have kept Gente going.
Gente is really just one big 'family' of friends not just only helping each other with research but also giving support to each other when things are going wrong but still having laughs too.
Happy 4th birthday to Gente and
Best wishes for the future.
Well done Nuccia and to all the others members too.
xx
Emmy

#13: Re: GENTE X4! Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:37 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for this site. I appreciate the work you do, Nuccia. I have gotten so much from this place. Congrats on your 4 year anniversary.

-> General Discussion Groups