Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Logozzo from Calabria
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Logozzo from Calabria Author: Lauren PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:55 pm
    ----
Hello, I'm interested in finding out about the history of my surname, Logozzo.

My great-grandfather Joseph Logozzo was born in Calabria in 1896 and moved to Brooklyn, New York in America on his own at 13. I'm not sure if it was before or after he arrived, but he dropped one of the zs in Logozzo, and our last name has been Logozo since 1909/1910 (I'm not sure why he did this).

A friend of mine was able to get the history and family crest of his last name (Albanese) from the internet. I'm having a lot of trouble finding information on my last name.

Any information on the Logozzo name or where I would find this information would be so helpful, thank you!

#2: Re: Logozzo from Calabria Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:42 pm
    ----
Hi Lauren
Sorry its taken so long to reply but I have been looking through a few records - the surnames you listed both are common in the Province of Reggio Calabria. Family crests are a great thing but unfortunately whoever gave your from his family crest from the internet may not have been sincere. There are several scam sites out there who promise a crest when in fact crests on the internet are seldom real.

Family crests generally are only passed down to the oldest child in a household of a noble or gentile so it's more of an individual crest as opposed to a universal crest. The father would pass it down to his oldest [son usually] and then he would pass it to his oldest, etc.

Hope this helps a bit.

-> Where do I begin?