Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Faded picture needs help
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Faded picture needs help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 pm
    ----
Liz,

Can you touch up this picture for me of my dad's cousin.? Its a bit faded.

#2: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:17 pm
    ----
Is this better?

#3: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: JaysonLocation: Colorado, U. S. A. PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:31 pm
    ----
nuccia -- i can repair the background, hair & face with no problem.
the jacket, however is another problem. on the one side, it has "color" on the shoulder, more so than the other side. but, only one side has the lapel distinguished... i tried 'coloring in' the jacket, but it really is too dark for the rest of the picture...
i know this was posted for someone else, but i'd imagine others have programs, too. now whether we all know how to use them, could be another story. no offense, folks... Idea

#4: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: Gaspare PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am
    ----

click image ^

#5: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: Gaspare PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:38 am
    ----
Sorry I didn't realize the thread was 3 years old. Embarassed Well it's fun playing with Photoshop anyway. Surprised

#6: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 pm
    ----
Gaspare you did a fantastic job!!! Looks great and I'm sure Nuccia will really appreciate all you efforts.

#7: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:45 pm
    ----
^5 Gaspare

#8: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: Gaspare PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:56 pm
    ----
Thanks Smile

#9: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:42 pm
    ----
I think it's wonderful and I am glad you fixed it. It doesn't matter how old the thread is - it's always nice to have a fresh fix on a pic! lol

#10: Re: Faded picture needs help Author: princecharming PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 am
    ----
Well what you can do with the photo you have is to copy the layer twice using multiply blending mode. The to the top layer use Select/Color Range to select the visible Santa's color. Then while the red is selected add a layer mask to that layer. To tweak it further hold down the option/alt key and select a HSL adjustment layer to further adjust the color.

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop