Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Raimondo Family
-> About Us

#1: Raimondo Family Author: Jana PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:22 pm
    ----
Hello,

I would like to have some information about Raimondo family from Cosenza. Someone could give me a clue about the region where I could have more information?

Thank you,
Janaina

#2: Re: Raimondo Family Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm
    ----

Welcome Jana.....could you tell us a bit more about what you know and what you are trying to discover? Do you know if they were from the city of Cosenza or the Province of Cosenza (similar to a county in some US states). There are a number of folks here who have ancestors from there.

You are also lucky in that the Provincia di Cosenza is one of the few governments in Italy that has created an online Genealogy Database of Vital Records:

88.59.143.158/ascs_web...06DE.node1

this is a long URL and you need to first create an account for it to work.

#3: Re: Raimondo Family Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:38 pm
    ----
complete URL:

charliemis wrote:

Welcome Jana.....could you tell us a bit more about what you know and what you are trying to discover? Do you know if they were from the city of Cosenza or the Province of Cosenza (similar to a county in some US states). There are a number of folks here who have ancestors from there.

You are also lucky in that the Provincia di Cosenza is one of the few governments in Italy that has created an online Genealogy Database of Vital Records:

this is a long URL and you need to first create an account for it to work.

#4: Re: Raimondo Family Author: Jana PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:08 pm
    ----
Hello! Thank you for your answer. I and my husband are trying to discover where his great-grandfather was born in Italy.

Actually We didn't know very much. I hope that maybe someone could give us a clue...

The family Raimundo is from my husband's side. It is Raymundo but we know that his great-grandfather was Italian and the name Raymundo is a Portuguese version from Raimundo or Raimondo.

We do Know that he was Italian from Cosenza, but we don't know exactly if he was from the Province or from the City of Cosenza.

We have some documents:

Name: Vicente Raymundo (his name is in Portuguese style, we think that he changed his name as soon as he arrived in Brazil, because he was born in Italy, so we think that his original name was Vicenzo Raimundo/Raimondo).

He had a foreign ID issued in 01/12/1945 (probably when he arrived in Brazil):

Name: Vicente Raymundo

Father: Domingos Raymundo (probably Domenico Raimundo/Raimondo, because Domingos is Domenico in Portuguese)

Mother: IzĂ­dia Antonia

Marriage Certificate from 1903. He married with Thereza Mangia. In this certificate is issued that he was artist, Italian and the names of his parents.

Death Certificate:

Name: Vicente Raymundo

Death: 02/05/1946 with 73 years old.

According with his Death Certificate he was born in 1873 (probably in 02/02/1873 in the Province of Cosenza).

In the Birth Certificate of my husband's grandfather (Fiorello Raymundo son of Vicente Raymundo) is issued that his grandfather was Vicente Raymundo and his grandmother Antonia Cecini (here is different from other documents where is written Izidia Antonia).

If someone could give us some information about Raimundo from Province of Cosenza will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Janaina

#5: Re: Raimondo Family Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:36 pm
    ----

There are Raimondos in many communities in Cosenza (and Italy) ..... see attached map:

gens.labo.net/en/cogno...ognomi-fis

You may also want to try the white pages to try to narrow down the current localities where the Cognome is present:

www.paginebianche.it/e...dv=cosenza

-> About Us