Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: hurricane IRENE
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm
    ----
Charlie, it says it's supposed to go up by Friday but only for a day. Honestly its looks and feels like November here - I hate it!!!!!

#17: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:51 pm
    ----
I think this odd weather we are getting is happening all over the world.
Like what Dave said re being hot then cold - its the same here in Scotland one minute the sun is shining and you can sit outside, next minute it pouring rain and very windy and cold
I've had to put the heating on too from time to time. Then later I've had to open the doors and windows because its too warm! Just cant win but for all that, over here we are very fortunate, because so far (fingers crossed )we never have the hurricanes and tornadoes you get in US.
Emmy

#18: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 pm
    ----
Tornadoes are very rare in our part of the country - I don't remember any when I was growing up and only one or so hurricanes. It's going to rain most of this week but partly sunny on the weekend in time for the Tomato Festival, which is good.

One worry is for the farmers. Too bad we can't ship all this rain to the drought areas of the country. There is flooding in many parts of the state, so all is not easy for some folks. We have to wait for a dry-out period.

It is strange that it is happening in a similar fashion where Emmy is, though thousands of miles across the ocean.

Dave

#19: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:14 am
    ----
Didn't feel the earthquake. Someone said that was because I was in my car. Irene brought us wind and rain Saturday & Sunday. We had a few branches break off our trees. There were plenty of trees, utility poles & wires down all over Connecticut. We lost electrical power from 6am Sunday until 6pm Thursday. The lack of power caused me to miss the F1 and INDY races on Sunday. Sad

#20: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 am
    ----
Is it all cleaned up now and everything back to normal over there? We felt the cold winds on Sunday and then back to heatwave by Monday. Now it's cold again and everyone's getting sick -including me. Spent the last few days in bed for the most part but it's time to get up and *try* to go to work now.

#21: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:19 am
    ----
We got our power back. The municipal officials that have been taking the power companies to task for a perceived slow response have not cleaned any of the trees and brush that they put on peoples' lawns.

#22: Re: hurricane IRENE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:19 pm
    ----
Clean up is always so slow when something like this happens. It really is sad -

-> General Discussion Groups