Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Last Latin record before my trip....
-> Translations

#1: Last Latin record before my trip.... Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:58 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone,

I'm leaving next Saturday for Italy where I hope to get a lot of research done, but I need a bit more help with the Latin on this record. I'm trying to get the names of the parents of the bride and groom on this record so that I can look for them in the 1748 Riveli in Palermo.

From what I can tell, the names of the groom's parents are Francesco Ruta and Teresa Cavalli, but I also see something about a Maria Catera that I don't understand. Any ideas?

I can't tell the name of the bride's father, but it looks like it starts with a B. The mother's name appears to be Agnesa Ruffino. Any guesses on the father's name?

Sorry for the poor quality of the record! Sad

-Jill

#2: Re: Last Latin record before my trip.... Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:08 am
    ----
If you happen to pass through England, give me a shout! Sorry that I can't help you with the Latin on the record. I wish you a fun and successful trip!

#3: Re: Last Latin record before my trip.... Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:05 pm
    ----
The date was september 22nd 1770
Groom Giuseppe Ruta, son of Francesco and Teresa Cavalli, bride Giuseppa Garrafa daughter of Giovanni Battista (Joannis Baptistae in the genitive latin case) and Agnese Ruffino.
I think that Santa Maria Catena was the parish of the groom, but I'm not sure because of the poor quality of the picture and the ink stains of the back of the page that makes it difficult to read.
L

#4: Re: Last Latin record before my trip.... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 pm
    ----
Have fun on your trip! Take LOTS of pictures and make sure to post some back here for us to see.

#5: Re: Last Latin record before my trip.... Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 pm
    ----
Will do and thanks to everyone with their help on reading these records! I think I have a pretty good base to go on to search for things now! Smile

-> Translations