Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Hi New Member
-> About Us

#1: Hi New Member Author: samgibbons56 PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:36 pm
    ----
Smile
Hi all
I have recently decided to bite the bullet and try and track down my Italian family, not sure it's the best idea I've ever had, but what the heck!
The names I am researching (or trying to) are:-
TIMPANARO PERROTTA
CAPORALE

Family were in Khartoum in the early 1900's up to around 1960's, now some descendants live in the US.
I would appreciate any help in trying to locate records for these families and maybe a few pointers as to how to go about getting some from Africa!! Exclamation

Look forward to hearing from someone
Regards
Sam

#2: Re: Hi New Member Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:47 pm
    ----
Welcome and best of luck! There are many knowledgeable people here who may be able to help point you in the right direction.

#3: Re: Hi New Member Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:58 pm
    ----
Hi Sam - Welcome. Can you provide us with any first names or any type of background? The surnames sound like they are from Southern Italy but we need to figure out in which province so any clues you can provide us will help us help you!

#4: Re: Hi New Member Author: Jim01 PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm
    ----
Hi Sam,

One of the best places to start your research is to find out if their is a Morman church in your area if so they have genealogy libraries attached. Start their they have copies of vital records from all over the world don't worry about needing to be a church member its not required. Thier volinteer staff are great.

Another place to start if your from the US try to get a copy of your relatives death certificate, Burial records, Baptism and marriage records if possible they will tell you where they and their parents came from. Ellis island also is a good start at www.ellisisland.org/de...tAod6kGaoA plus they have coies of the ship manifests. A good program to use if your using a IBM type computer is called PrintKey 2000 they have a free download and you can use it to capture screen shots of things your looking at.

Jim

-> About Us