Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: PC Down
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: PC Down Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 am
    ----
Well I did it again - I "blew up" another computer. It made some strange noise and now I get nothing on the screen. It began acting up after I powered off and rebooted this morning. The fans are running, and the green light on the monitor turns on then blinks amber. I see the screen on and off for a few minutes and then total darkness.

Any idea of what this could be? I have a back up drive but I still need the files of this PC as it holds quite a bit of my info so I hope someone can offer me some ideas here.

Oh, it's an Acer desktop i that helps.

#2: Re: PC Down Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:14 am
    ----
Oh no! I wonder if maybe it's just the monitor... Have you tried plugging a different monitor into it?

#3: Re: PC Down Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:12 pm
    ----
Wendy that's exactly what it was. My beautiful monitor fried - but at least all my info is safe on here. I was thinking the worst. Thanks for replying!

#4: Re: PC Down Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 pm
    ----
And here I thought that you were typing too fast

Very Happy

#5: Re: PC Down Author: autumndivonaLocation: Plattsmouth, Nebraska PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:45 am
    ----
LOL @ Charlie!

I'm so glad it worked out and that it was just the monitor, but sorry that you lost a monitor. Computer problems almost always result in panic for me! Wink

-> PC Info and Guides