Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation of a birth certificate please
-> Translations

#1: Translation of a birth certificate please Author: mazzie74 PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 am
    ----
Hi,

Can anybody please translate this birth certificate of my ancestor?

Thanks,

Darin.

#2: Re: Translation of a birth certificate please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:48 am
    ----
Hi Darren
I'm not 100 percent sure about the translation but since no one else has answered your post I'll try
Think the date of the year is 1834
On the 4th November at 8am the birth was registered in front of the officials of the comune di Mozzema??
Next part could read Lorenzo, son of Luigi Mezzei, age 30 presented a boy child born ont he 3rd November at 11 am to his wife (Name ?? Florinda daughter of Barnardino Viviami)
They named the baby boy Francesco.
Not at all sure of this so I'm hoping someone else comes along and corrects it for you
Emmy

#3: Re: Translation of a birth certificate please Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 am
    ----
The year is 1813. And I believe the birth actually occurred on the 3rd of Nov.

#4: Re: Translation of a birth certificate please Author: mazzie74 PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:39 pm
    ----
Hi,

Thanks for that.

The year is 1813, as that was the year listed in the index.

The town is Stazzema (the hamlet of Alpe di Stazzema).

Thanks again,

Darin.

#5: Re: Translation of a birth certificate please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:27 pm
    ----
Thanks Tom (should have known that was 1813 Wink )
I did notice that the birth was on the 3rd I was hoping someone would have verified the names of the mum and dad etc for Darin because I'm not at all sure I got them correct.
Emmy

#6: Re: Translation of a birth certificate please Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm
    ----
The comune appears to be Stazzema. Florinda Viviani is the mother's name.

-> Translations