Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Sea Monkey (Mozilla) Web Browser
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: Sea Monkey (Mozilla) Web Browser Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 pm
    ----

I have been using the Firefox Web Browser for the last year or so as I did not like the new version of Internet Explorer (IE9). After my last Firefox upgrade my PC became really sluggish and I saw that Firefox was really hogging the systems memory and slowing everything down. I did a Google search for "lightweight browsers" and saw some info on Sea Monkey which is also developed by Mozilla. I loaded it a few days ago and I really like it so far.....not too fancy but it runs pretty fast (at least as compared to Firefox).

www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

I have also tried Chrome, Safari and Opera.

#2: Re: Sea Monkey (Mozilla) Web Browser Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:01 pm
    ----
I recently changed from IE to Chrome. I like it very much so far. Did you find problems with it, cause I'd like to keep an eye out for trouble?
I'm running Vista on an older system btw...

#3: Re: Sea Monkey (Mozilla) Web Browser Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm
    ----
I like Chrome, although I have heard it sometimes has a few glitches but I am unsure what they are. While it has lots of capabilities I don't think many use it to it's full potential. Now sea monkey is new to me. Maybe I will google it and see what's it's all about.

#4: Re: Sea Monkey (Mozilla) Web Browser Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm
    ----
Hi Nuccia, howudoin? I like Chrome's bookmark handling most of all. I've never had such capabilities with other browsers. Of course, like you said, maybe they were there and I just didn't know about it.
Nice hearing from you.... Have a fantastic Christmas... A little plum wine helps. Joe

#5: Re: Sea Monkey (Mozilla) Web Browser Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 pm
    ----
Hey Joe! Good to hear from you too. Hope all is well on your end. Looking forward to next week when I officially start my holidays. Now I am going to rest and then continue exploring these browsers - theres a lot to learn since technology is forever changing.

-> PC Info and Guides