Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Grimaldi - Santopadre - Picinisco
-> Central Italy

#1: Grimaldi - Santopadre - Picinisco Author: moulin12 PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm
    ----
Hi everyone
I'm looking for any GRIMALDI family from Santopadre, Frosinone, Lazio. My g-grandfather Domenico was born in 1871 in Santopadre and had at least one brother (Fortunato) and one sister (Marianna) who both emigrated to London with him circa 1900. Were there any other children born to their parents Pasquale GRIMALDI (born circa 1831) and Pasqua di MEGNIO?
Also brother Fortunato married Angela CAPOCCI in Picinisco in 1891. They had a son, Tomasso Antonio GRIMALDI born 1892 who did not travel to London - does anyone have any idea how to find out what happened to him?
Thanks

#2: Re: Grimaldi - Santopadre - Picinisco Author: Melanie532Location: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 pm
    ----
There are civil records available for research through FamilySearch International for the years 1813-1865. Additionally, you could request a Stato di Famiglia Storico from the town hall on the family of Tommasso Antonio Grimaldi and it should provide vital statistics for his whole family.

#3: Re: Grimaldi - Santopadre - Picinisco Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:22 pm
    ----
The town of Santopadre only has records from 1870. I am not sure they have the type of records that would allow them to do a State of the Family record.
The parish church has records that go back to 1540 or so and they do have a Parish census but I am not sure for which years.

#4: Re: Grimaldi - Santopadre - Picinisco Author: Melanie532Location: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm
    ----
Ann's right in that not all towns will have kept the old population registers or schedules that are used to create these records. However, in my experience, most do and are more willing to consult them than a parish priest is willing to consult the stati d'anime for a correspondent. I'd give the Stato di Famiglia a shot first, as they often record information on emigration also.

#5: Re: Grimaldi - Santopadre - Picinisco Author: princecharming PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 am
    ----
International for the years 1813-1865. Additionally, you could request a Stato di Famiglia Storico from the town hall on the family of Tommasso Antonio Grimaldi.

-> Central Italy