Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need some help
-> Translations

#1: Need some help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:33 pm
    ----
I finally found documents for my great grandmother's family! Evidently they went back and forth between Tropea and Briatico. I am having a few issues reading the documents though. I can read and understand everything on this marriage record except a few things. Antonino Scrugli's (the groom) mother's surname - Natalina. I found her husband's death act also but her name is not on the document. I am also having a difficult time reading the professions the groom and his father and of the bride's father's (Pasquale Morano). The birth act of this couple's son lists Antonio's profession as cancelliere if that is any help. The document is here.
Thanks so much! I am so excited I finally have documents for this family! Very Happy

#2: Re: Need some help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:34 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
I can read and understand everything on this marriage record except a few things. Antonino Scrugli's (the groom) mother's surname - Natalina. Not clear: maybe Maretta but I'm not sure at all.

I am also having a difficult time reading the professions the groom (scritturale) and his father (fabbro?) and of the bride's father's (cerusico).
Luca Wink

#3: Re: Need some help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
Cathy wrote:
I can read and understand everything on this marriage record except a few things. Antonino Scrugli's (the groom) mother's surname - Natalina. Not clear: maybe Maretta but I'm not sure at all.

I am also having a difficult time reading the professions the groom (scritturale) and his father (fabbro?) and of the bride's father's (cerusico).
Luca Wink
Thanks Luca! You are amazing! I thought the bride's father was a surgeon but I wanted to make sure. A surgeon in 1824 was a surprise. Shocked What is a scritturale? It translates in English to Scriptural. Confused
The father could not have been a fabbro - his death record stated his profession as cancelliere della...(I cannot read the rest).
Natalina's name - Marotta is a surname in the area of Briatico and Tropea - perhaps they spelled it wrong? Hopefully I can find something else with her name on it. I ordered the processcetti for this marriage so hopefully it is more legible. Thanks so much for your help!! Very Happy This family has been so difficult!

#4: Re: Need some help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am
    ----
IMHO Antonio's father, Antonino, was also a "scritturale", a clerk (or scribe, scrivener). I cannot read what's written after "Cancelliere della ????zia di Gio????"

#5: Re: Need some help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:27 am
    ----
Thanks Livio! I think I understand now.

#6: Re: Need some help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:03 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
IMHO Antonio's father, Antonino, was also a "scritturale"
Giustissimo! Non mi ero proprio reso conto che la parola iniziava nella riga sopra, dalla parte destra del foglio Embarassed
Un saluto ad entrambi Wink
L.

-> Translations